The 2019 Touareg also happens to be the most technically advanced Volkswagen SUV ever built. We take a look at what the new SUV has to offer.
Volkswagen unveiled the all new generation Touareg SUV in China last week, which also marks the company’s completion of 30 years in the country. With the third generation Touareg, Volkswagen aims to reclaim its top position in the premium SUV segment in China, as it is the brand’s largest market. The Touareg comes loaded with new technology, expressive design and safety system and is built on the company’s MQB platform, which underpins the Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne and Lamborghini URUS. The 2019 Touareg also happens to be the most technically advanced Volkswagen SUV ever built. Here’s what you need to know about the 2019 Volkswagen Touareg.
Here’s all you need to know about the 2019 Volkswagen Touareg
- The 2019 Volkswagen Touareg is the brand’s new flagship product for China. The Touareg is also successful in European and Russian market.
- Worldwide sales of the previous two generations amount to nearly one million units.
- The 2019 Touareg grows in size with a total length of 4,878 mm, width of 1,984 mm, and height of 1,702 mm.
- Up front, the 2019 Touareg gets a new face with large chrome slat grille, LED headlamps and LED DRLS. In profile, the taut side surfaces of VW Touareg looks like sails filled with a tail wind. Moreover, the accentuated wheel arches at the front gives the shoulder a more muscular shape. The roof line ascends in a flowing manner along a distinctive side line and terminates dynamically at the C-pillar.
- The VW Touareg gets 18 inch wheels as standard instead of 17 inches, and ranges up to 21 inches.
- Inside, the 2019 Volkswagen Touareg gets a completely new digital cabin with digital surfaces replacing conventional indicators and controls. The wide dash panel gets two digital instruments of 12-inch and 15-inch respectively. The Touareg’s interactive interface called the ‘Innovision Cockpit’, offers settings for all key convenience, assistance and infotainment systems.
- The optional electrically adjustable front seats include a new, pneumatic massage function which is featured for the first time in the Touareg.
- Volkswagen will offer the VW Touareg with a new plug-in hybrid drive in China initially. In Europe, the Touareg will get two V6 diesels with 227 bhp and 282 bhp of power output. This will be followed by a V6 petrol engine 337 bhp and a V8 turbodiesel 418 bhp for other markets. The 228 bhp TDI develops a maximum torque of 500 Nm, while the 282 bhp TDI develops 600 Nm. The TSI reaches a maximum torque of 450 Nm, and the V8 develops a hefty 900 Nm.
- The 2019 Volkswagen Touareg comes coupled with an 8-speed automatic gearbox along with all-wheel drive (4MOTION) function. This has the ability transfer drive torques of up to 1,000 Nm.
- The third generation VW Touareg has a range of 13 exterior colors- Aquamarine Blue, Tamarind Brown, Juniper Green, Pure White, Pure Black, Antimony Silver, Sand Gold, Quartzite Grey, Reef Blue, Moonlight Blue, Metallic Malbec Red, Metallic Deep Black and Pearl Oryx White.