The long-wheelbase Mercedes-Benz A-Class L sedan will exclusively go on sale in China in the second half of 2018.
Mercedes-Benz finally pulled the wraps off the much anticipated A-Class L Sedan at the ongoing Beijing Motor Show. As of now, the Stuttgart-based car maker has only unveiled the long-wheelbase model for the Chinese market while the European-spec A-Class Sedan is expected to be introduced in the second half of 2018. As for this one, the market launch in China is also scheduled for the second half of 2018. Set to become Mercedes-Benz’s most affordable sedan in the world, here’s everything that we know about the new A-Class L Sedan.
The long wheelbase Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan is exclusive to China.
- The Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan shares its styling cues with the new-gen A-Class hatchback that was showcased early this year in February. The car shows a slight resemblance to the new CLS, and to an extent looks like a downsized version of the latter.
- Visually, the car comes with the same diamond-studded grille design and the sharp-looking LED headlamps with eyebrow-like LED daytime running lamps. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class also comes with a set of sporty twin-5-spoke alloy wheels (in sizes 16 to 19 inches), new sleeker ORVMs with integrated LED turn signal lights, a bold waistline, blackened B-pillar, and a sloping roofline.
- The China-spec Mercedes-Benz A-Class L Sedan measures 4609 mm in length 1796 mm in width 1460 mm in height. The long-wheelbase model comes with a 60 mm longer wheelbase at 2789 mm instead of 2729 mm wheelbase of the A-Class hatchback with the main focus of offering increased knee room for rear passengers. The boot has a capacity of 420 litres.
- The A-Class sedan’s cabin is largely identical to its hatchback counterpart with a well-equipped dashboard larger fully-digital instrument cluster paired with a fully-digital infotainment system. The dashboard also features the signature rotor-like chrome air-con vents, a multi-functional new steering wheel, and a smart-looking centre console in piano black finish.
- Like the A-Class hatchback, the sedan model also comes with the MBUX multimedia system – Mercedes-Benz User Experience – with artificial intelligence. The system comes integrated with WeChatMyCar app along with features like – Apple CarPlay and Android Auto along with wireless charging areas for your smartphone.
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class L Sedan for the Chinese market gets the new all-aluminium 1.33 litres four-cylinder engine with power outputs of 134 bhp and 161 bhp. The car also gets a 2-litre four-cylinder engine that churns out around 188 bhp. Both the engines come with a 7G-DCT dual clutch transmission as standard.
- This A-Class model is being produced exclusively at Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd (BBAC), a joint venture between Daimler and its Chinese partner BAIC Motor. The market launch in China is scheduled for the second half of 2018.